Editing: I offer affordable, skilled editing services that span from basic proofreading to structural edits. For longer works, I will provide a free sample edit of the first 10 pages.
- Rates vary depending on the type of edit and genre of the manuscript. Fiction rates start at $0.005/word for basic proofreading; non-fiction can range up to $.05/word for copy- or structural editing. Please contact me for a specific quote.
- $10 minimum charge for short documents
- Payment handled via PayPal invoicing, half due up-front and the remainder upon completion
I have experience with the following:
- Fiction: novellas, full-length novels (multiple genres), picture books
- Non-fiction: handbooks, academic articles, college admissions essays, job application essays, PhD dissertations (social sciences)
I edit because I enjoy helping writers create products they can view with pride. Contact me about your manuscript and we can discuss details.
Beta Reading: My rate is $1/1,000 words, usually with a two-week turnaround. You will received detailed, in-text comments and a separate page of notes regarding structure, character development, plot and more. I am also always sure to point out what does work as well as any thoughts or emotional reactions I have to elements of the story. I particularly enjoy a back and forth follow-up conversation with the author!
Book Reviews: I will provide an honest book review in exchange for a copy of the book, and will post the review here at The Edifying Word, Goodreads, Amazon, and Twitter. What I love most about doing book reviews by request is the opportunity to read things I may never have found or picked up on my own; therefore, while I am especially interested in picture books, historical fiction, and nonfiction, I will gladly accept any genre (excluding erotica).
Please note that I receive many more requests for review than I can possibly handle; I will do my best to respond to all requests and post reviews in a timely manner.
Submit your request by emailing me at email@example.com. I look forward to working with you.